“One Voice” is a sub group of Westwood Community Council tasked with challenging the decision of South Lanarkshire Council to close Red Deer Bowling Club and Centre and Westwood Community Hall – the last remaining community facilities in Westwood.
The first dedicated meeting of “One Voice” takes place in Westwood Parish Church at 7pm on Thursday 12 October.
The meeting is open to all interested parties
Key Themes for Once Voice to take forward
We agreed the following key themes for the committee to follow up:
- Press Release to announce formation of sub-committee campaign group (issued 1 Oct 2023)
- Collation of details about the clubs usage, for return to Mari Roden. See attached and pls complete and return to Mari. If any issues, we will also be able to issue out paper copies to complete. This will include collecting personal testimonies. If you have any issues filling this out, let us know. We will also get some paper copies to people as required.
- This information once collected will allow us to create a full impact assessment.
- Petition to council and other bodies as appropriate.
- Leafletting of local area
- Establish key stakeholders
- Letter to councillor responsible for older people (Eileen Logan)
- Key statement of purpose of group, eg ‘To keep our local facilities open and able to be used’
- Other actions such as demonstrations etc
- How to reach out to more people in the community as only people who attend clubs know about this. Also reaching more young people
- Comms, eg Social Media